Tuesday 21 August 2012

Autumnal woods

The day's are slowly getting cooler, and the light rustle of early crisping leaves follow me down the alley way. This time of year where the trees start to shed their coats, always makes me appreciate anew the beauty of raw wood. I find myself gazing at bark and finding inspiration in knots. It would seem I am not the only one.

Here is a small selection of my favorite wooden products.




This coat stand has something almost childlike about it's simplicity, without becoming garish or basic.














The Italian designer Marco Stefanelli devised a way of removing fragments from sawmill scraps, tree branches, and cement fragments, and replacing them with sculpted resin which were embedded with LED's, with stunning results. 












This beautiful cabinet is made by Furniture artist John Galvin, using locally sourced elm and beech. 
The colours in this cabinet are beautiful, and the small dash of white adds a contemporary edge. This piece would look great in any home, just make sure that there is no clutter around it, this piece is definitely a stand alone gem.


No comments: